Book review: If I Stay




After sharing my Lately post some bloggers were asking "What's your opinion on If I Stay?" Short rant here: It's took FOREVER to get this book for my local library. There was over ten holds for sure. Anyway, here's my opinion on If I Stay.



"Just listen, Adam says with a voice that sounds like shrapnel.

I open my eyes wide now.
I sit up as much as I can.
And I listen.

Stay, he says.

Choices. Seventeen-year-old Mia is faced with some tough ones: Stay true to her first love—music—even if it means losing her boyfriend and leaving her family and friends behind?

Then one February morning Mia goes for a drive with her family, and in an instant, everything changes. Suddenly, all the choices are gone, except one. And it's the only one that matters.

If I Stay is a heartachingly beautiful book about the power of love, the true meaning of family, and the choices we all make."
^Goodreads Summary




My review:

It's was beautiful. I was trying to hold in the tears but I couldn't. It's was heartbreaking. It's had a interesting way of telling the story, a hard way to my opinion. The writing, the way the story was going, the characters. Everything was a thumbs-up's. This book will make you cry and think about the meaning of love and family. If you hate how the family or parents are push out of a book, this book doesn't to that. Now, I need to see the movie.
                                                                 ---

My rating:

*not mine*


If you read this masterpiece, what do you think? Should I do more book reviews? Watched the movie? What's your opinion? 

-June 
                                                                      ♥
Share:

8 comments :

  1. I love this book! It was sweet, although I didn't cry, I still loved it. I want to see the movie too and read where she went.
    ~Emily
    afallingstar123.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone who's read it loved it. There's at least 30 hold on it at my library. I want to read it so bad!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same problem Bryleigh! I hope you get it soon! :)

      Delete
  3. I'm not going to even attempt to deny it - I cried my eyes out throughout the entire book!

    I strongly recommend the film (and plenty of tissues!). There's also a sequel to If I Stay; Where She Went. This version is at the point of view of Adam instead and is worth a read if you have unanswered questions. I personally much preferred the original If I Stay, but maybe that's just me...

    Amazing review, by the way! Who knows, maybe more reviews in the future could be a cure to your writer's block??

    Kate x
    www.theteenaspect.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! Page after page I felt tears coming.

      Oh, awesome! I know! I think I am going to read the sequel. Thanks for telling me!

      Thank you! True!

      Delete
  4. I love this book! I bought a copy of it last month and it was heartbreaking. I couldn't stop reading it, and I cried a lot. I'm finding a copy of the sequel because I fell in love.

    ~Katrina
    http://katrinawrites07.blogspot.jp/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to buy a copy of this! *high fives*

      Delete

Copyright © annaish. Designed by OddThemes