Book Haul!


I AM BACK FROM THE DEAD EVERYONE. What killed me? BLOGGER'S BLOCK.


I'm not kidding. I had writer's/blogger's block. I tried writing up a book review AND a discussion but *sigh* things didn't work out. BUT! I am back with a book haul. Yes, something a little different! 
Get excited. 

1. Cruel Crown by Victoria Aveyard


Went to Walmart to get a Star Wars sticker book and chicken but (we still got the Star Wars sticker book and chicken) I came home with this baby! Thank you Mom! I'm thinking of rereading Red Queen before Glass Sword comes out... eh? 

SUMMARY:

Two women on either side of the Silver-Red divide tell the stories no one else knows. Discover the truth of Norta's bloody past in these two revealing prequels to #1 New York Times bestseller Red Queen. Also includes an exclusive excerpt of the hotly anticipated second book in the Red Queen series! Glass Sword transports readers to the world of Silver tyranny, a Red dawn rising, and one girl's resolve to break down the system that will hold her back no longer.

Queen Song
Queen Coriane, first wife of King Tiberias, keeps a secret diary—how else can she ensure that no one at the palace will use her thoughts against her? Coriane recounts her heady courtship with the crown prince, the birth of a new prince, Cal, and the potentially deadly challenges that lay ahead for her in royal life.

Steel Scars
Diana Farley was raised to be strong, but being tasked with planting the seeds of rebellion in Norta is a tougher job than expected. As she travels the land recruiting black market traders, smugglers, and extremists for her first attempt at an attack on the capital, she stumbles upon a connection that may prove to be the key to the entire operation—Mare Barrow.
 

2. Beastly by Alex Flinn


I got Beastly from a bookstore and look at this thing! Simple but a little creepy. I've had Beastly on my tbr for a little bit now. I'm glad to have this book on my bookshelf.  

SUMMARY:

I am a beast.

A beast. Not quite wolf or bear, gorilla or dog but a horrible new creature who walks upright—a creature with fangs and claws and hair springing from every pore. I am a monster. You think I'm talking fairy tales? No way. The place is New York City. The time is now. It's no deformity, no disease. And I'll stay this way forever—ruined—unless I can break the spell. Yes, the spell, the one the witch in my English class cast on me. Why did she turn me into a beast who hides by day and prowls by night? I'll tell you. I'll tell you how I used to be Kyle Kingsbury, the guy you wished you were, with money, perfect looks, and the perfect life. And then, I'll tell you how I became perfectly . . . beastly.

3.  Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne


After reading the summary, this book looked great! I got this book from the bookstore.

SUMMARY:

Your mother hollers that you're going to miss the bus. She can see it coming down the street. You don't stop and hug her and tell her you love her. You don't thank her for being a good, kind, patient mother. Of course not-you launch yourself down the stairs and make a run for the corner.

Only, if it's the last time you'll ever see your mother, you sort of start to wish you'd stopped and did those things. Maybe even missed the bus.

But the bus was barreling down our street, so I ran.

Fourteen kids. One superstore. A million things that go wrong. In Emmy Laybourne's action-packed debut novel, six high school kids (some popular, some not), two eighth graders (one a tech genius), and six little kids trapped together in a chain superstore build a refuge for themselves inside. While outside, a series of escalating disasters, beginning with a monster hailstorm and ending with a chemical weapons spill, seems to be tearing the world-as they know it-apart.

4. Eragon by Christopher Paolini 


Reviews say this book is terrible but I'm like YES DRAGONS!!! Dragons win.

SUMMARY: 

One boy. One dragon. A world of adventure.
When Eragon finds a polished blue stone in the forest, he thinks it is the lucky discovery of a poor farm boy; perhaps it will buy his family meat for the winter. But when the stone brings a dragon hatchling, Eragon realizes he has stumbled upon a legacy nearly as old as the Empire itself. Overnight his simple life is shattered, and he is thrust into a perilous new world of destiny, magic, and power. With only an ancient sword and the advice of an old storyteller for guidance, Eragon and the fledgling dragon must navigate the dangerous terrain and dark enemies of an Empire ruled by a king whose evil knows no bounds. Can Eragon take up the mantle of the legendary Dragon Riders? The fate of the Empire may rest in his hands.

5.  Severed Heads, Broken Hearts by Robyn Schneider


Cover buy. I AM SORRY GUYS BUT LOOK AT THIS COVER. It's beautiful and I hope the story is too...

SUMMARY:  

Golden boy Ezra Faulkner believes everyone has a tragedy waiting for them—a single encounter after which everything that really matters will happen. His particular tragedy waited until he was primed to lose it all: In one spectacular night, a reckless driver shatters Ezra's knee, his career as a jock, and his social life. No longer a front-runner for homecoming king, Ezra finds himself at the table of misfits, where he encounters new girl Cassidy Thorpe. Cassidy is unlike anyone Ezra's ever met— achingly effortless, fiercely intelligent, and determined to bring Ezra along on her endless adventures. Together, Ezra and Cassidy discover flash mobs, buried treasure, secret movie screenings, and a poodle that might just be the reincarnation of Jay Gatsby. But as Ezra dives into his new studies, new friendships, and new love, he learns that some people, like books, are easy to misread. And now he must consider: If one's singular tragedy has already hit and everything after it has mattered quite a bit, what happens when more misfortune strikes? With lyrical writing, nerdy humor, and realistic romance, Robyn Schneider's The Beginning of Everything is a story about how difficult it is to play the part people expect, and how new beginnings can stem from abrupt and tragic endings.

What's up guys? Have you been spending your cash on books? What books?
 photo Anna sigh off _zpsldolpi09.png
Share:

18 comments :

  1. oh my sister owns Monument 14 and she really liked it. that book haul is amazing. as for me, I've been spending my money on Star Wars books. haha. sorry not sorry. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I like to hear! Thank you! Hahaha, I feel you. I am Star Wars trash.

      Delete
  2. I have to agree, that book cover really is gorgeous! Monument 14 sounds a bit interesting - I might add it to my TBR. ;) The only book I've read on your list is Beastly, and I can't say I loved it loved it, but I can say it's quite a good read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's a really pretty cover, I love the blue. I'll probably write up a review for Monument 14, stay tuned...

      Delete
  3. Here in Canada it's called The Beginning of Everything, but Severed Heads, Broken Hearts it SUCH a great book! It will be funny, inspiring and nothing like you've read before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! OoOoO --sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  4. I've heard a lot of great things about Severed Heads, Broken Hearts. It is on my TBR and I'm so excited to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look amazing! I've heard lots of good things about Severed Heads, Broken hearts, so I hope you enjoy it! Today I bought Wytches when I went to the mall - it's a horror graphic novel about witches. A real impulse buy, but the pictures are gorgeous! :D

    Denise | The Bibliolater

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sounds like a interesting graphic novel, thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  6. I completely agree with all of these choices! I didn't even realize Cruel Crown was a thing until a few days ago, but I am so excited to read it! And Monument 14 is amazing too - I hope you end up liking it as much as I did. :) Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous post! ♥

    ~ Zoe @ Stories on Stage

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eragon is a great series. The first book is kind of so-so, but the next three are SUPER GOOD. THE SECOND ONE AHHHHH I CAN'T HANDLE IT. Angela is my favorite; you'll meet her in the first book and it'll be impossible for you not to love her.

    - Ellie
    http://ontheothersideofrealitynew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally, something positive about that series! I can't wait to read Eragon. Have a great day, Ellie!

      Delete
  8. Okay, first of all, I am in LOVE with that Rey vinyl figure!!!!!!!!! That many exclamations marks are definitely needed in this situation. I hope you enjoy your new books, Anna! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love love LOVE my little sweet Rey. Thank you!

      Delete

Copyright © annaish. Designed by OddThemes