Harry Potter Belated Birthday Bash!


You're probably thinking "um anna like harry potter's birthday is over and everyone has said their opinion on the cursed child so what's this??" Well, I'm having a belated (key word here) birthday bash for Harry Potter! Trust me, I wanted to do this sooner but I didn't buy a copy of the Cursed Child *gasp*. I put a hold on it at my library! So I had to wait a little longer. Nevertheless, I wanted to have a birthday bash for Harry and, yES, I AM DONE WITH HARRY POTTER! I AM A HARRY POTTER FAN! *throws confetti*

In this birthday bash, there will be: a rundown of my favorite Harry Potter things (characters, settings, books etc. etc), a Harry Potter tag and my review for the Cursed Child! Enjoy!

Favorite book?

I can't pick a favorite book. Nope, no way, no can do. Let me explain. Each book contains so many events, some good and some bad. I loved many scenes, characters, and settings in Harry Potter but they all land in different books. So I basically love them all. But, I did enjoy Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire more than the other books.

Least favorite book?

See, this one I can answer easily! Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix are my least favorites.

Favorite film?

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 & 2. They did a great job with these two.

Least favorite film?

Umm can I say all of them? (part from Deathly Hallows) Yeah, I didn't really like the movies. The storyline was off in some movies and I didn't agree much with the casting. But, I do have to admit, it was really cool to see this Wizarding World on the big screen.

Favorite character?

Ooh Luna, Draco (really in the half-blood tho), ALL THE MARAUDERS (except the rat), Bellatrix (fight me i like villains), Harry, Ron, Hermione, Tonks- I LOVE THEM OKAY

Least favorite character?

Dolores Umbridge, Rita Skeeter and of course, Snape. (honestly fight me!! his ending didn't change my feelings for him... his life-longing crush on lily was disturbing)

Your patronus would be?

Probably a dog.

If you could have the resurrection stone, the elder wand, or the invisibility cloak, which would it be?

Invisibility cloak!

Which house would you be in?

I am a proud Ravenclaw! But I took the Pottermore quiz like five times and I also got Gryffindor and Hufflepuff. I recommend taking this quiz more than the Pottermore. It tells your stats and stuff.

If you were on the Quidditch team, which position would you play?

Either Catcher or Seeker.

Were you happy with the ending?

Yes! All was well...

Tag time! Special thanks goes to Emily @ Paperback Princess for tagging me to do this Harry Potter Tag! (charms, curses etc. etc)

Flagrate // Writing Charm 
A book you found the theme interesting but you'd like to rewrite

so smart

I would rewrite Ink by Amanda Sun. Ink had a great concept (drawings can come to live, can't control them, Japan, magical etc. etc) but the characters and their relationships fell flat for me.

Alohomora // Unlocking Charm   
A series where the first book made you hooked

nice

Oh there's so many! The Raven Boys, The Lost Hero, Cinder, Anna and the French Kiss, A Darker Shade of Magic...

Accio // Summoning Charm  
A book you wish you could have right now

harry out

Oh definitely ~Accio~ A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab! WHERE ARE YOU FEBRUARY 21?!

Avada Kedavra // Killing Curse   
A killer book

fav

I'm little confused about this question. Does "killer" mean "Dude!! This book was a killer!! So good!!" or "OMG THIS BOOK WAS A KILLER BRB CRYING" OR an actual book about killing? Lucky, I have a book series (yes i'm cheating a bit) that fits in all these statements. Meet The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater. 

+ The Raven Cycle is killer good 
+ The Raven Cycle killed me with an overloading amount of feels
+ The Raven Cycle killed it's own characters

Score.

Confundo // Confusing Charm 
A book that you find very confusing

nice try

I loved Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke. But I do have to admit I was quite confused sometimes. (especially the ending)

Expecto Patronum // Patronus Charm   
Your spirit animal book

awww

Whenever I'm in a reading slump or feeling down, I reread Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. Fangirl gives me comfort and brightens my mood, like a patronus!

Sectumsempra // Dark Charm   
A dark, twisted book

draco!! harry!! o!m!g!

Definitely The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin! Really good book but, like the question says, it's a dark and twisted book.

Aparecium // Revealing Charm 
A book that surprised you in a good way

woah creepy 101

I don't set my standards very high for books so this is a little difficult! I guess Tiger's Curse Saga by  Colleen Houck surprised me. The plot (so far) is pretty good.

Now, my review for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child!


Before I get into anything, I just want to give Jack Thorne and John Tiffany a pat on the back. They gave us fans an amazing play and their script or so called, the “eighth” book. But for me, The Cursed Child left me with more questions than answers.
///
J.K Rowling is the only person who can tell Harry’s story like Harry. So The Cursed Child felt like fanfiction. Even though it wasn't written by J.K Rowling, I still enjoyed it. The plot was somewhat predictable but exciting. I honestly adored the new generation. Albus Potter, Scorpius Malfoy, Rose Granger-Weasley… loved them. For the older generation, I enjoyed their new adventure but personality wise? Mmmm. It was a little strange  to see them all adult-ish but you can still see little peaks of Harry's, Ron’s, Hermione's etc. etc childhood personality through out the story. Overall, I still have mixed feelings but as a whole, I enjoyed The Cursed Child.

Happy Friday everyone! I hope you're well and reading a good book. So, Harry Potter. What's your house? Favorite book? Did you enjoy The Cursed Child? Let's chat about it...  

 photo Anna sigh off _zpsldolpi09.png
Share:

10 comments :

  1. I absolutely loved everything about this post! I definitely agree that Snape was one of my least favourite characters. The fact that he had a crush on Lily so long that he carried it through Harry's childhood was just wrong to me, it didn't work. I'm a Ravenclaw too! I really need to get some gear though lol. I really liked Cursed Child but it didn't feel like the eighth book to me. It just seemed inconsistent and more like a fanfic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, disturbing to the max. Yay! #RavenclawsUnite! I agree, Emily.

      Delete
  2. I also love Draco and Bellatrix (I love villains), The Marauders, the weasley twins and Luna! It's not that I don't love the trio, it's just, those other characters capture my heart more! I'm also one of the few people that find Snape's story doesn't redeem him for all the things he had done in the past. I'd love to have a phoenix for my patronus (it's go big or go home xD) Love this post Anna!<3

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot about Fred and George! Loved them. <3 Yes, I'm with you there. Ooo! A phoenix! Good choice. Thank you, Tasya!

      Delete
  3. Ravenclaws unite! I'm about halfway through cured child and some things are a little confusing to me but i'm still enjoying it.

    - Edie
    mintyperfections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't agree more with you about EVERYTHING! Prisoner of Azkaban is definitely my favorite and I would KILL to have A Conjuring of Light RIGHT THIS VERY SECOND. Actually, there is ONE thing I disagree about: Snape. He was a pretty awful person for the most part (although, honestly, he had the worst life out of everyone) but he's a great character, if that makes sense. And I actually have no current plans to read The Cursed Child in the near future. I mean, it isn't REALLY Harry Potter. Like you said, it was more like fan fiction. Also, if I can't actually see the play, what's the point? Anyway, I am SO HAPPY you finally read and loved Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved Prisoner of Azkaban because of my little snuffles. <3 I guess so... (Snape) I think it's worth reading The Cursed Child. It's like a fanfiction but a really good fanfiction! I'm so glad I did! Thank you Erin.

      Delete

Copyright © annaish. Designed by OddThemes