My Dream Crate - Diversity


When I learned about "Dream Crate" project, being run by Loot Crate, my first thought was: a Maggie Stiefvater Crate. I'm weak, I know. But I mean, no one has ever done a Maggie Stiefvater subscription box! (at least that I know) But I did wanted to step out of my comfort zone for this project. So I decided to make my dream crate filled with things that connect with diversity, a topic I'm learning about.  

In case you haven't heard, Loot Crate is a monthly subscription box service and they're currently looking for all types of fans to create their own "Dream Crate". A Dream Crate is where you're able to create your own "dream" subscription box. My Dream Crate could possibly be chosen to become a real subscription box! Loot Crate seems to be looking for new ideas for subscription boxes. So hello Loot Crate! Crossing my fingers that mine is chosen as a real subscription box. 🤞

click the picture (or here and here) to read the synopsis   

MY CRATE WOULD INCLUDE:
 A COPY OF NOT YOUR SIDEKICK BY C.B LEE
(Published by Duet Books, an imprint of the Interlude Press)

Confession: I haven't read this book. But the positive hype around Not Your Sidekick is wonderful! I didn't just pick this book for it's hype. I want Not Your Sidekick in my crate (you can also read that picture header above for more reasons) because a) it's so diverse and rich with color b) it's not cliche - it deals with common life problems c) it's a book dealing with superheroes and super villains - how could you say no to that! I'm sold with this book.
 

MY CRATE WOULD INCLUDE:
BOOK MERCH, SPECIFICALLY BOOKMARKS
(from SkinnyHues and/or LexyOlivia)

To be honest, this is plan B. I would prefer Not Your Sidekick merchandise (bookmark, book plate etc etc) from the publisher before I dive into personal shops. But, again, this is plan B. Any who, I absolutely love SkinnyHues and LexyOlivia's bookmarks! Their watercolor products are really beautiful. I would include one of these specific bookmarks or ask to get a bookmark personalized for Not Your Sidekick.



MY CRATE WOULD INCLUDE:
"TOGETHER", AN ART PRINT BY MICHELLE BORJON
(from Society6)

When I first saw this art print, I was blown away. It's really just screaming "Together!" I love how simple but how powerful this print is (and the art style). It would be an honor to have this art print in my crate.


click the picture (or here) to read the synopsis. to the view the travel mug, click here.

MY CRATE WOULD INCLUDE:
A COPY OF LUMBERJANES, VOL. 1 BY NOELLE STEVENSON, GRACE ELLIES, SHANNON WATTERS AND BROOKE A. ALLEN
(Published by BOOM! Box)

So let's move on to graphic novels/comics, one of the largest growing LGBT medias. LumberJanes is one of my favorite graphic novels ever. I had to include it in my Dream Crate. It's also very diverse, LumberJanes features a transgender girl and two lesbians. This graphic novel will become one of your favorites instantly with it's loveable LGBT characters and hilarious dialogue!

MY CRATE WOULD INCLUDE: 
"LUMBER LADIES READ", ON A TRAVEL MUG
(from Redbubble by Hafuboti)

Along with the graphic novel, I would also include this LumberJanes travel mug. It features all the main LumberJanes girls - reading. Isn't it so cool?! I simply adore it.


MY CRATE WOULD INCLUDE:
A BATH BOMB - "EARTH BOMB"
(from Da Bomb Bath Fizzers)

A bath bomb is a necessary item in my Dream Crate (they are truly da bomb ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)) so I'm going along with this Earth Bomb. It's a "sea breeze-scented bath fizzer with a surprise inside!", says the site. This must smell amazing, am I right?



MY CRATE WOULD INCLUDE:
A DRAWSTRING BAG WITH THE SAYING - "I'LL GET THE ALIEN, YOU GET THE GIRL"
(from Redbubble by kyanitedesigns)

Supergirl fans - this one is for you! I, personally, don't watch Supergirl yet(!) because I'm trying to get through The Flash first. Then I must finish Merlin or my friend may just come to my house, force me to sit down and watch Merlin. Yeah - she's obsessed. Anywho! Supergirl! Did you know that Supergirl is the first female-led superhero show since the 1970s? I was shocked. And it just introduced a lesbian character - Alex Danvers, Supergirl's sister. There is also a POC police officer. This show is going places! So I incorporated this TV show with its own quote. The quote looks so good on a drawstring bag.


("safe space" , "transgender pride and diversity" and "in diversity")

MY CRATE WOULD INCLUDE:
THREE STICKERS
(from Redbubble)

The goal was to include one sticker in my Dream Crate but I surpassed that with adding three stickers. Haha but I fell in love with all these beautiful stickers! I also decided to go with the medium size.

OVERALL

Well, there you have it - my Dream Crate! I hope you enjoyed discovering more diverse books, shows, and shops. I plan on talking about and sharing more diverse titles here on annaish. And big thanks goes to LootCrate for reaching out to me to do this project.

Happy Wednesday bookaholics! Did any of these books or shops catch your eyes? If you have any diverse shows or graphic novels etc etc I should read or check out, please link them down below. I really want to learn/discover/surround myself with more diverse titles.

* Loot Crate asked me to design a crate for myself and share it with my readers..all opinions & words are my own*
 photo Anna sigh off _zpsldolpi09.png
Share:

2 comments :

Copyright © annaish. Designed by OddThemes