Let's Recap May



May was okay for me, a bit slow. The weather has been crazy over here. But, I've kept myself busy with books and school work. I am very anxious for summer tho! I have awesome plans/goals and so many great releases are coming out this summer. I'm so hyped ya'll. Let's close off May 2K17.


MAY:






+ At the beginning of May, two (book covers) sequels were released! 'The Speaker' and 'Not Your Villain'. Both covers look excellent!

+ THE DEATH CURE IS STILL HAPPENING. THANK GOODNESS.


+ Fans of the 'Daughter of Smoke & Bone' trilogy, listen up! You're getting a (I quote) "standalone companion novel". Yayyyy!?!?!

+ Here's a sneak peek to the Noah Shaw (Noah is a main character from the Mara Dyer series) series. The cover looks pretty cool!

+ AND, Alexandra Bracken fans, here's an excerpt (and cover!) to her newest series: 'The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding'.

+ I ALMOST SCREAMED WHEN I SAW THIS!! Apparently!! The 'Chaos Walking' movie (yeah it's a real thing!) will be starring Daisy Ridley & Tom Holland. I'M STILL SHOOK. I MUST READ THE SERIES ASDFGHJKL.

+ Marissa Meyer blessed us TWICE with book covers! Check out the 'Wires and Nerve' (VOL 2) cover here and the 'Renegades' cover here.

+ And finally, something to get you excited for June. Benjamin Alire Saenz announced that June 15th is 'Ari met Dante Day'. Yeah!! I almost cried!! I loved that book so much!!

+ + + + + 

BLOGGERS:







Contemporaries, monsters and superheroes were my May. It wasn't a big reading month (for moi). I'm still behind on my Goodreads challenge but I'm not really that worried. I really loved all the books I read this month!







Share:

16 comments :

  1. I didn't like Chaos Walking but TOm Holland and Daisy Ridley? I'm watching the movie! Thank you for the shoutout Anna, and have an amazing June!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Chaos Walking (yet!) but I'm still really excited. No problem & thank you!

      Delete
  2. I really need to read The Upside Down of Unrequited! I won't be making a trip to the library until Friday, when my volunteering shift starts, but I'm going to be extremely happy when that happens. On our library's Instagram page, it showed the book sitting in the featured section (screams) which may mean it may not be there since someone checked it out (screams further!!!!). ALSO YES I'm so happy The Death Cure is still ongoing!!!

    xoxo Abigail Lennah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do!! UPSIDE was super good I almost cried. ME TOO I'M SO READY.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing all of this exciting bookish news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, thank you for the mention! <3 I also had a slumpy sort of reading month; I read some of my least favorites thus far in 2017, and I didn't read that many May books in the first place. BUT, I did discover what I think will be a new favorite series!

    Best wishes for June <3

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Ahh that's too bad. Hopefully you'll have a better reading month in June! Thank you. <3

      Delete
  5. You know I love V.E. Schwab and I am SO BEYOND EXCITED for Our Dark Duet. But anyways, May was so insane for me. The weather was all over the place, I had a lot of exams, I got sick, my dance recitals and prom are coming up....it was a lot. I am SO ready for summer and for June, believe me. I hope your June is as relaxing as I'm hoping mine will be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO. HYPED. We only have a week left?? Or two I think?? ASDFGHJKL. Wow! It seems like you had a busy May. :P Hehe thank you!

      Delete
  6. Wow, I had suddenly forgot about the whole Death Cure movie and now I'm SO hyped again. I miss fangirling over book-to-movie adaptations. The last one I watched on theatres was Mockingjay part. 2, so it's been a while. I hope this one makes the other two justice!
    I hope you have a fantastic June! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME TOO OMG. Fingers crossed. Thank you!

      Delete
  7. AGHHHH I didn't know that the Daughter of Smoke and Bone was getting a companion novel?? YES PLEASE. THANK YOU FOR INDULGING ME IN THIS INFO. I APPRECIATE IT. Ahhh it looks like you read the entire Lara Jean trilogy? LUCKY YOU FOR BINGING IT. I HAD TO WAIT SEVERAL MONTHS BETWEEN EACH BOOK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA YES!! NO PROBLEM. Yep, I only had to wait for the third book. AWWW :,)

      Delete
  8. New GFC follower, and I love your blog, it's so clean and beautiful :)

    I am DYING to read This Savage Song, it looks amazing!
    Hope you have a wonderful June :)

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Amy!! Welcome to annaish. :D IT IS! I hope you enjoy it. You too!

      Delete

Copyright © annaish. Designed by OddThemes