I met Patrick Ness

ok look- i was in combat boots and i respected his personal space so that's why i look ... weird

I LOOK LIKE AN AWKWARD TURTLE BUT HOLY MOLEY I MET PATRICK NESS.

So this recently happened! I met the man behind the books: A Monster Calls, The Rest of Us Just Live Here, More Than This, Release and many more. Ness talked about his new book, and I had a personal conversation with him. I also took many pictures haha. I had a great night but let's recap!


Before my group of three even reached the theater, we had to deal with traffic and dinner (which was McDonalds). 15 mins later ... we made it there on the dot. There was a mix of ages in the crowd (12-50 I would say) but I was glad to see many teenagers. We sat in the back and listened to the bookseller talk about other events coming up. Then, they introduced the one and only Patrick Ness!


 The biggest thing I learned about Patrick Ness? He's an extremely unique person; which shouldn't have shocked me THAT much because his books are extremely unique. Anywayyy, Ness spent his childhood in Hawaii, moved around the world and travels lots. He's also really funny and really human?! He fangirled while meeting Judy Blume, cares a lot about current events and loves the diverse YA community. After listening to his stories and advice, I liked the guy even more. 


So, after his presentation, the bookseller announced the signing line and all the rules. I was #5 (!!!) in the line so I jumped in the line pretty quickly. In 15 mins, it was my turn. 


HE WAS SO NICE GUYS. He didn't catch everything I said (because I was so quiet) but he generally cared what I was talking about. The first thing I told him was "Well, I guess this is a good time to tell you that I really enjoy your books." In a niCE WAY THO. That was me, trying to be funny. He slightly chuckled and the conversation carried on! I told him I was a book blogger, rambled about my love for his books and, I found out that his grandmother had my name. Isn't that so cool?! There were some awkward pauses (he was signing like four of my books) but I had a really awesome chat with him. We took a picture together (MY AWKWARD TURTLE PICTURE) and that was that! Here are the books I got signed:

i'm still crying

he wrote our current location so i had to blur it out yo (no stalkers here bwhah ???)

OK SO I FORGOT I WROTE MY BOOK NUMBER (which i didn't need smh) ON THIS NOTE AND PATRICK LIKED IT SO HE WROTE THIS RANDOM NUMBER IN MY BOOK I'M STILL SCREAMING

he wrote this when i was rambling about my love for his books :,)


HAPPY OCTOBER BOOKAHOLICS! Are you a Patrick Ness fan? What's your favorite book by him? Sad or scary books? Let's talk about it!
Share:

8 comments :

  1. Congrats! It's so cool you met him and that sounds like a lot of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THATS SO COOL! I wish I could have met him. I didnt realize he was coming here until after he had already passed. honestly, A Monster Calls changed my life. I wish I could have told him.
    Im so happy for you though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Aw that's too bad. I'm sure he'll tour again. :,)

      Delete
  3. AHHHH! I'm so happy for you. Patrick Ness is such an amazing writer. I can imagine how incredible it felt meeting him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO'S READ BOOKS BY PATRICK NESS. I just read his entire Chaos Walking series really recently and I am so COMPLETELY in love with his writing and I'm so happy you got to meet him! If you've read Chaos Walking can we please talk about it I've been looking so hard for someone with whom to discuss it! Ok I'm going to calm down now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha of course! I haven't read the Chaos Walking series yet. But !!! when I do, I'll let you know. Thanks Oakstar!

      Delete

Copyright © annaish. Designed by OddThemes