mountains, bookshops, and solar panels - it's vermont!


Last week (aka my spring break), my family and I traveled to the Green Mountain state... Vermont! It was v e r y exhausting (we drove countless hours) but so worth it. I mean... I've never seen so many mountains, bookshops, and solar panels in my life?? Oh and, in case anyone is wondering, I didn't meet Bernie Sanders. :((


the first mountain i saw!!

We only had time for two full days in Vermont, so we had to squeeze in as many activities as we could. We spent the majority of our first day in the Montpelier (aka the capital) area. In Montpelier, we went to Bear Pond Books (a local bookshop) and The Quirky Pet (a local petshop). We basically screamed TOURISTS while walking downtown with our big cameras haha. But thank god I brought my camera because I got some good photos!

a Sneaky picture of the capital building

they had a #MarchForOurLives rally & march in montpelier before we arrived but these signs were still everywhere

that glow tho 😍

the SWEETEST doggo in vermont omg

We then left Montpelier and drove to Waterbury for a Ben & Jerry's tour! We got free samples of their Milk and Cookies ice cream and, after that tour and ice cream sample, I vowed to only eat Ben & Jerry's ice cream. Blue Bunny who??? Anyway, after the tour, we went to the Cabot Farmers' Store (think: cheese), Lake Champlain Chocolates, Bridgeside Books, and Cold Hollow Cider MillI think we were hungry.


 can someone send me some ben & jerry's ice cream thanks

THIS CHEESE CHANGED MY LIFE IN THE BEST WAY

brb drooling

this bookshop was so small but so cute

so. much. syrup.

this view was behind the cider mill!

After our grand food fest, we drove to Burlington and finally had lunch at Handy's Lunch. That was it for day one, but day two was definitely our shopping day! We first went to Lake Champlain and traveled to an island. We were only 15 miles away from the Canadian border...which was kinda insane for me. The island was pretty boring though so we left and drove to Burlington's shopping center. There, we found a mall, Crow Bookshop, and Mr. Mikes Pizza.

the frozen lake w/ FREEZING WINDS (my hands froze to my camera tbh)

the shopping center!!

the mall had a vermont Merch shop so we all bought shirts lmao

THE BOOKSHOP HAD A ROLLING LADDER I REPEAT THE BOOKSHOP HAD A ROLLING LADDER

this pizza was the best pineapple pizza i've ever had......... #teampineapplepizza

Then, we drove into South Burlington and went into a gift shop/barn thing? I didn't take photos but I did get a sweatshirt. And the last thing I did in Vermont was make a short trip to Barnes and Nobles. The best way to end any vacation right?

random but my brother and i watched kiki's delivery service and we're kinda obsessed

fun fact about me? i love YA books

That's all I got! My spring break was pretty gggggreat, but how about yours? Did anyone else travel? Or did y'all just relax at home? Either way, I hope you bookaholics had a good break! I'm back on that blogging grind. 💪💪

Share:

6 comments :

  1. Glad you had a great spring break! I visited Vermont two years ago and the ben and jerry’s tour was definitely a highlight! I also loved the Cabot cheese shop. Basically the food was a reason enough to love it lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ayyy that's so cool! The food is so good in the East Coast.

      Delete
  2. So cute!! My sister was using my computer and saw that I had your post open and was one hundred percent just drooling at that picture of candy haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was also drooling.. but in the actual candy shop haha.

      Delete
  3. UMMMM PINEAPPLE PIZZA IS THE BEST THING EVER CREATED. AND THOSE BOOKSTOPS??? *CRIES FROM THE BEAUTY OF IT*

    Dude. I've heard of Lake Champlain! I can't remember if I've been there before or not but I have been to Vermont once. I can't remember much because it was a short trip. >.< Anywho. YES BEN AND JERRY'S ICE CREAM IS THE BEST. Honestly, once you've tasted it, you can't go back to the cheap stuff. Also; Häagen-Dazs ice cream is equally yummy. They don't have as many flavors but they have THE BEST vanilla bean.

    I'm glad you had a great vacation! That doggo, the books, pizza, and ice cream all sound like paradise. <3

    xx Kenzie | www.paperpizzablog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW RIGHT?! There's so much pineapple pizza hate. :(( Yes omg they were SO beautiful!

      Ahhh Lake Champlain was so pretty. Cold and frozen, but pretty. You should plan a longer trip next time! EXACTLY. I love their Milk and Cookies ice cream so much. <333 Ooo Häagen-Dazs sounds good!

      It certainly was. :) Thanks for the comment Kenzie!

      Delete

Copyright © annaish. Designed by OddThemes