review: Six Of Crows


“Kaz leaned back. "What's the easiest way to steal a man's wallet?"
 "Knife to the throat?" asked Inej. 
"Gun to the back?" said Jesper. 
"Poison in his cup?" suggested Nina. 
"You're all horrible," said Matthias.”
 ― Leigh Bardugo, Six of Crows

This is the book everyone is talking about and I know why.

If you haven't heard of Six of Crows, you've been living under a rock my friend. There's a big hype on Goodreads about it and everyone is just raving about this book. After reading it, I know why. 
It's pretty awesome.

Six of Crows is told by six characters and I love them all to death. Kaz is the leader of a gang called The Dregs, one of the four gangs on Ketterdam. Kaz's has a deal and job to do. This deal he made was to kidnapped this mysterious man who made this toxic drug that can take over the world. His job is to break into the most guarded prison ever around and kidnapped the mysterious man but he can't do it alone. He needs:

Inej: the spy 
Nina: the witch
Mattius: the convict
Jesper: the sharpshooter 
and Wylan: the runaway 

Six of Crows is a packed adventure with these lovable characters.

  
Leigh nailed it with her characters and the plot but I had trouble understanding the world building. When I read a book, there's usually something I can relate to. Six of Crows was a different totally world (which is fabulous!) but... I had trouble understanding. I couldn't relate to anything in my life... that would of helped. That's just me! You could read this and understand everything or not. I did find out that Six of Crows takes place about two years after the end of the Grisha Trilogy and the Ravkan civil war. If you read The Grisha trilogy, you would understand this world and it's ways. At some point (maybe like 2020) I'll be reading The Grisha trilogy and probably understand this world better. 

My final thoughts are...

Six of Crows is absolutely brilliant. There's lovable but kick-butt characters, jail-breaking, magic, gangs and some serious fangirl moments. The world building was hard to grab on to but maybe not for you! :)

Here's a playlist inspired by Six Of Crows...
---
1) Roots by Imagine Dragons
2) Gold by Imagine Dragons
3) Gun by CHVRCHES
4) Sinister Kid by The Black Keys
5) Magnets by Disclosure ft. Lorde
6) Heavydirtysoul by Twenty One Pilots
7) Forbidden Voices by Martin Garrix [Martin is super cute guys! Just saying.]
8) Poison by Martin Garrix
9) Shots [Broiler Remix] by Imagine Dragons
10) Warriors by Imagine Dragons
---

  Hey there! Thank you for reading my review!
Six of Crows was published September 29th 2015 

Ketterdam: a bustling hub of international trade where anything can be had for the right price—and no one knows that better than criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker. Kaz is offered a chance at a deadly heist that could make him rich beyond his wildest dreams. But he can't pull it off alone... A convict with a thirst for revenge. A sharpshooter who can't walk away from a wager. A runaway with a privileged past. A spy known as the Wraith. A Heartrender using her magic to survive the slums. A thief with a gift for unlikely escapes. Six dangerous outcasts. One impossible heist. Kaz's crew is the only thing that might stand between the world and destruction—if they don't kill each other first.


Share:

7 comments :

  1. Okay, first, you changed you blog header! I love it! Second, I also like Imagine Dragons, and it seems like you do too from the amount of their songs on the playlist! XD I really do need to read this book, because thievery is right up my alley. But maybe I should finish the Grisha books first? I read the first one AGES ago.... LOVED the photos, Anna! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hahaha! I do! It's pretty easy to see that. Oops! You must Erin, it's downright fabulous! You don't need to read The Grisha trilogy first. I understood [somewhat] of the Grisha world. Aw, thank you so much Erin! I try my best.

      Delete
  2. No, no, I need to get this, I need to get this book or I might collapse and die in a puddle of book-longing :) xoxo

    www.thelittleenigma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same way Lydia! I was crawling to my library to find my.... precious....

      Delete
  3. I haven't read this book yet, but I've seen so much hype over it!
    I'm glad you enjoyed reading it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must read it Jollygirl and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Found it! Great review Anna. :)
    ~ Suzy

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © annaish. Designed by OddThemes