Top Ten Tuesday: Quotes I Loved From Books I Read


I'm linking up with The Broke and the Bookish for Top Ten Tuesday. Thanks for hosting ladies! 

Quotes! Who can't love quotes? Quotes inspire me so much and give me hope for anything. But bookish quotes? That's even better! Here are my all time favorite quotes, straight out of the book.

- “Fate," Blue replied, glowering at her mother, "is a very weighty word to throw around before breakfast.” ― Maggie Stiefvater, The Raven Boys

- “She wasn't interested in telling other people's futures. She was interested in going out and finding her own.” ― Maggie Stiefvater, The Raven Boys

- “In that moment, Blue was a little in love with all of them. Their magic. Their quest. Their awfulness and strangeness. Her raven boys.” ― Maggie Stiefvater, The Dream Thieves

- “Kaz leaned back. "What's the easiest way to steal a man's wallet?"
 "Knife to the throat?" asked Inej. 
"Gun to the back?" said Jesper. 
"Poison in his cup?" suggested Nina.
 "You're all horrible," said Matthias.”
 ― Leigh Bardugo, Six of Crows

- “No Mourners. No Funerals.”
 ― Leigh Bardugo, Six of Crows

- “I got to thinking that poems were like people. Some people you got right off the bat. Some people you just didn't get--and never would get.”
 ― Benjamin Alire Sáenz, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe

- “I found him carefully studying me, his lips in a thin line. “Has anyone ever taken care of you?” he asked quietly. “No.” I’d long since stopped feeling sorry for myself about it.”
 ― Sarah J. Maas, A Court of Thorns and Roses

- “All right, Miss Cryptic. What's the new plan, then?" Glancing around the room, Cinder tipped up her chin. "It starts with kidnapping the groom." Iko's hand shot into the air. "Yes, Iko?" "That is the best idea ever. Count me in.” 
― Marissa Meyer, Cress

- “Wolf, are you asking me to be ... your alpha female?" He hesitated. Scarlet couldn't help it - she burst into laughter. "Oh - I'm sorry. That was mean. I know I shouldn't tease you about this." Still grinning, she made to retract her hand, but he was suddenly gripping it, refusing to relinquish the touch. "You just look so scared, like I'm going to disappear any minute. We're stuck on a spaceship, Wolf. I'm not going anywhere." His lips twitched, his nervousness beginning to ease away, though his hand stayed tense over hers. "Alpha female," he murmured. "I sort of like that." Beaming, Scarlet gave a mild shrug. "It could grow on me.”
 ― Marissa Meyer, Scarlet

- “Do your kind even know what love is? Can you feel anything at all, or is it just... programmed?”
 ― Marissa Meyer, Cinder


Just because.  

 photo anna sign in sweet pea_zpswfbohzql.png
Share:

10 comments :

  1. Great post! I love all of the Lunar Chronicles quotes! I just finished Winter two days ago and it was amazing. My TTT! By the way, I love the layout and color scheme of your blog! It's so well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love The Lunar Chronicles and you read Winter already? Lucky you! Awww, thank you!

      Delete
  2. Great picks! I love the one from ACOTAR so much. That was one of my biggest surprises this year. I don't reach for fantasy a lot but that one intrigued me. I'm so glad I took a chance on it because I loved it!

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    My TTT Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanya! I loved ACOTAR so much and I'm glad you enjoyed it too! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. All The Raven Boys quotes makes me so happy!!! ( •⌄• ू )✧ Maggie Stiefvater has such beautiful writing that sometimes I can't even process it. Also, ACOTAR had so much going on and I can't WAIT for the next one. Great TTT, Anna!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! Maggie is basically my hero. Yes! I can't wait for that sequel, so exciting!

      Delete
  4. I love that quote from Scarlet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHHH I'M LAUGHING AT THE IKO ONE. ....count me in... OMG. XD That made me snort out loud when I read the book. Iko will forever be my favourite. :') And I highly approve of all the Maggie Stiefvater quotes here! :D BEST AUTHOR EVER. Blue is basically the person I want for my best friend. XD Particularly when she complains about being short and not eating her greens, hehee.
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Much agreed Cait! I'm so glad, I was starting to worried. Oh Blue and her dear Raven Boys would be fabulous friends. No problem! :)

      Delete

Copyright © annaish. Designed by OddThemes