review: The Scorch Trials


“He didn't care about the others anymore. The chaos around him seemed to siphon away his humanity, turn him into an animal. 
All he wanted was to survive, make it to that building, get inside. 
Live. 
Gain another day.”
 ― James Dashner, The Scorch Trials

Oops. I fell in love with this series.  

How could you not? The action, the adventure, the friendship, the trust and the lies can all make your blood go cold. I can't think of words. Mr. Green, can you take over?


Exactly! Well done John Green. 


I didn't really like The Maze Runner. It was confusing and I had so many questions that I gave up with it. I picked up The Scorch Trials because my father and my brother really wanted to watch the movie. Being me, I had to read the book before I watched the movie. I am so glad that I read The Scorch Trials. IT'S SO GOOD GUYS. The writing will make your blood go cold. At one scene I jumped up and almost screamed. Yeah. It's good fabulous writing. The characters, how can't you love them? I feel terrible for Thomas, Minho, and Newt. Some characters I'm not caring about, so yeah. I want to just give them a big hug and tell them everything will be okay. Probably not because the next book is called The Death Cure and that doesn't sound good at all.  Anyway, I was blinded by my annoyance for this series. The writing is fantastic especially the telling about the trust and friendship among the characters.. The characters can make you laugh when there are zombies behind their backs. And some moments made you go...

  

You may be wondering why I didn't like the first book. I didn't like language, the maze (in general) and I had all these "important" questions that I didn't get answered. I know what you mean, I was such a shuck face! (hahaha see what I did there) I can't really find out why I hated this series. Maybe I'm losing memory or something. Anyway, I loved The Scorch Trials and I want to read The Death Cure. There's just one question that I want answered...

Is WICKED good?

My final thoughts are...

If you haven't read this series, you're a shuck face. This series will give you the goosebumps and maybe kill you here and there but trust me, it's so good.  Now, I'm going to watch the movie and probably fall in love with the guy who plays Newt. Isn't he so hot??? Move over Dylan O'Brien. 

EDIT: I read The Death Cure and guys:






pls stop James Dasher. just stop. stop.

Hi! Thank you for reading my review!
 The Scorch Trials was published October 12th 2010

Solving the Maze was supposed to be the end. Thomas was sure that escape from the Maze would mean freedom for him and the Gladers. But WICKED isn’t done yet. Phase Two has just begun. The Scorch. There are no rules. There is no help. You either make it or you die. The Gladers have two weeks to cross through the Scorch—the most burned-out section of the world. And WICKED has made sure to adjust the variables and stack the odds against them. Friendships will be tested. Loyalties will be broken. All bets are off. There are others now. Their survival depends 
on the Gladers’ destruction—and they’re determined to survive.

Share:

4 comments :

  1. Oh, this is horrible of me, but I actually did not finish this book... I got about halfway through before I gave up. I just CANNOT get into this world! Also, did you enjoy the movie of this??? Loved all the gifs! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What. No way??? I'm so sorry! I hate when that happens to me, with a book. I saw the first movie and it was pretty good! I can't wait to see this movie on Netflix. Ha! Thank you Erin!

      Delete
  2. Love the GIFs!! And totally agree with you, the Scorch Trials was just an amazing book. Great review!

    Katie / http://www.storiesandsnapshots.com

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © annaish. Designed by OddThemes