Top Ten Tuesday: Authors I Read For The First Time in 2015

I'm linking up with The Broke and the Bookish for Top Ten Tuesday. Thanks for hosting ladies! 

2015 has been a wonderful reading month for me. I have read 115 books this year. For me, that's outstanding! Along the way, I've read books from authors for the first time this year and here they are!  


1) Leigh Bardugo

 One word: AWESOME. Leigh writes like a god. I plan on reading her Grisha trilogy. 


2) Gary D. Schmidt 

I wanted to read his book Okay for Now but never got around to it. (I try my best people. Having 400+ books to read is very overwhelming.). I read Orbiting Jupiter (without looking who the author was haha) and ohmygod. IT WAS SO SO SO SAD. LIKE SADDER THAN THE FAULT IN OUR STARS. You have gotta read this book guys. Such a eyeopener but heartbreaking book. Well done Gary. 


3) Becca Fitzpatrick

I didn't like Hush, Hush but I plan on reading Dangerous Lies by Becca sometime before I die. (oops)


4) Jenny Han

The more I talk (or write???) about this book, the more I hate it. Drama isn't my thing, Jenny Han. 


5) E. Lockhart

We Were Liars is out of this world and so is the E. Lockhart. I'm going to read more books by this woman! 


6) Suzanne Collins

I finally read The Hunger Games, can you calm down now? I don't want to say that I enjoyed the books but I did learn many things. I hope that other's have too.


7) Kiera Cass

Or should I say the queen of writing dramaaaa? I loved The Selection but *dark voice* I really wanted to throw this book out the window. It's complicated relationship, me and Kiera.
I just wanted to add that I'm very proud of my cousin for starting this series. May Kiera Cass give you feels  Jackiee! :')


8) Jandy Nelson

Guys. Is Jandy Nelson a goddess? I wouldn't be surprised. This woman writes so good that there's no word for her perfection. I will give you the sun Jandy Nelson.


9) Sarah J. Maas

WOOOOOOOOO SISTER. Sarah J. Maas is AWESOMENESS. I wasn't a huge fan of Throne of Glass but A Court of Thorns and Roses? YESSSS. Sarah is too perfect for this world.


10) Patrick Ness

I read my first Patrick Ness book this year and I know why everyone raves about Patrick Ness, he's outstanding! I plan reading more Patrick Ness books ASAP.

 photo anna sign purple_zpsixbu1k4h.png
Share:

5 comments :

  1. I've seen Patrick Ness on quite a few lists today and it makes me hate myself for not having read anything by him yet. Same goes for Sarah J. Maas. I'm pretty sure I got an eARC of Throne of Glass and never read it and I am kicking myself so hard. Great list!

    My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everybody raves and raves about Patrick Ness! He's a outstanding author, you must read his books. Hahaha! I'm with you there too. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. So many great books!!! Especially We Were Liars. I read that book last year and to this day it is the only contemporary novel I have given a full 5 star rating. I loved it THAT much. And I cannot agree more--Kiera Cass is the QUEEN of drama. The Selection series is highly entertaining but beyond frustrating. Great list, Anna! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way!? I'm so glad that you enjoyed We Were Liars too! A lot of people said they didn't like it- at all. :( Hahaha! Kiera is surely the queen of *sings* dramaaaa. That's exactly how I feel with The Selection series. Thank you Erin!

      Delete

Copyright © annaish. Designed by OddThemes