disscussion: Read The Book First?


It drives me insane when people go see a movie adaptation (to a book) before they read the book. I know, a ton of people do it but I'm still going to read the book before I see it's movie adaptation.
Why? Here's why:

The book is always better and I always enjoy the book better! Pretty simple. Hollywood can't make a perfect movie adaptation to a perfect book. For example, Paper Towns by John Green-- my favorite John Green book. I saw the movie and I stormed out of that theater with steam coming out of my ears. It was terrible! But, the worst part? I went to see the movie with my father and now, he won't read the book because the movie was bad.  People won't read the book if it has a bad movie adaptation, like my father. It's so sad. Hollywood can't get their act together. So let's talk about this, what if your favorite book becomes a movie? YIKES. For example, Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lighting Thief. Horrible movie--I didn't even finish that movie. The people who read Percy Jackson were devastated. I'm currently freaking out because The Scorpio Races is becoming a movie. I'M SO SCARED BUT EXCITED???


What if it becomes a great movie or what if it doesn't? UGHHH.
Anyway, my whole point is that Hollywood doesn't do a great job with book to movie adaptations.

Do you agree?
 photo Anna sigh off _zpsldolpi09.png
Share:

9 comments :

  1. I don't really mind when people watch movies before reading books because I'm used to it. None of my friends read, so whenever we go see the latest movie they've usually not read the book. I used to care a lot, but now I kind of just leave it to their choice. Some people can be film fanatics as opposed to book fanatics and vise versa. Awww you didn't like Paper Towns? It's my favourite John Green book too and I really loved the movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah. I normally watch movies by myself-- sometimes with my father or my whole family. They never read the books I read so I'm always pointing out what's wrong with the movie adaptation. Yeah, I didn't like Paper Towns (the movie). You're the first person I've seen who loved the movie!

      Delete
  2. Ugh, DON'T EVEN TALK ABOUT THE LIGHTNING THIEF! There so many things wrong with that movie, I can't even list them! And it IS annoying when people don't read the book just because of a bad book-to-movie adaptation! I am SO scared for many of my favourite books that are being adapted! :'(

    ReplyDelete
  3. obviously Percy Jackson was the biggest movie bust of all time. that just....no. it was awful. but I actually liked the Paper Towns movie better. (dont hate me.) but I really liked the movie. and I did read the book first. I always read the book first. if a movie comes out, the first thing I do is see if theres a book version before I go see it. not because books are "better" but because they can give more details and things that you simply cannot portray in a movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. It was terrible, just terrible movie. Hahaha, don't worry. I won't hate you over a movie. YES. Exactly! I agree, Faith.

      Delete
  4. I STILL haven't seen Paper Towns, and I admit, it isn't high on my priorities because of the not being loyal to the book. And do not even MENTION that Percy Jackson movie monstrosity >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah. Don't spend your time watching Paper Towns, it's not worth it. Oh Percy Jackson. That movie was horrible. Just horrible.

      Delete
    2. I couldn't finish the PJ movie

      Delete

Copyright © annaish. Designed by OddThemes