COUNTDOWN TO THE RAVEN KING: DAY 2


Welcome welcome fellow Raven Cycle fans! We are TWO DAYS away from The Raven King. Yes, please do, scream. If you didn't know, I am hosting a countdown to The Raven King and I've interviewed some Raven Cycle fans with some Raven Cycle questions... ekkk! Enjoy!

Our first interview is with, Adaline from Silhouette

1. How did you find out about The Raven Cycle?

I believe I found out about the Raven Cycle after stumbling upon Cait's blog Paper Fury, early last year. (paperfury.com) She mentioned the series several times in posts, and they sounded so good that I had to pick up the first one. I fell in love with it almost instantly and thus the obsession with it (and Maggie Stiefvater in general) began. 

2. Have you read any other books by Maggie Stiefvater? If yes, which ones?

I've read everything of Stiefvater's except for her Scorpio Races; Shiver, Linger, Forever, Sinner, Ballad, Lament, and The Curiosities. 
(Besides the Raven Cycle, her Shiver trilogy is my absolute favorite thing in the world.)

3. Favorite main character? Why?

HOW DARE YOU MAKE ME CHOOSE. GAh, I love everyone so much... but, I guess I'll go with Ronan?? I've always had a soft spot for him, and I love how complex he is; appearing like such a rough, harsh person, yet showing on several instances just how much he cares for everyone around him. Plus he's hilarious + swears like a sailor. (which is basically how one wins me over tbh)

4. Favorite 300 Fox Way psychic? Why?

Persephone has always been my favorite. I love her quiet voice, + her demeanor, and how she tried to help Adam. She always vaguely reminded me of Luna Lovegood, and I thought she was just such a sweet, interesting character. 
spoiler {I'm still not over her death okay} spoiler  
(only read the spoiler if you've read all the books in the series, not counting Raven King.)

5. Favorite setting or location? 

Monmouth Manufacturing. Specifically the part of it that contains Gansey's little cardboard version of Henrietta. I find that whole thing so endearing. 

6. Favorite quote(s)?

"Sorry," he said. "I was being sort of a d***." 
Noah replied,"We weren't going to say it." 
"I was," Blue said.

"Two is a terrible number. Two is for rivalry and fighting and murder." 
"Or marriage," Adam said, thinking. 
"Same thing," Persephone replied.

"Is this thing safe?" 
"Safe as life," Gansey replied.

"He left bloody fingerprints on the rock, but there was something satisfying about that. I was here. I exist. I'm alive, because I bleed."

"Don't tell the others."
"I'm dead, not stupid."

"I am being perfectly f*cking civil." 

7. Favorite relationship? Why?

I seriously can't pick a favorite. All the interactions between the boys, + blue, + the psychics, + the people they meet are just so wonderful and I enjoy every one to bits. That was probably a terrible answer but I love everything in this series so much. :3

8. Favorite scene(s)?

THERE'S SO MANY. A few from each book--
The Raven Boys: -Blue + Gansey's first encouter at Nino's. 
-Ronan writing 'remembered,' on the car windshield in Cabeswater
-Ronan defending Adam from his father
The Dream Thieves: -when Noah comes in and tells everyone that Ronan threw him out the window
-Noah and Blue's cute, awkward little kiss
Blue Lily, Lily Blue: -Ronan and Adam riding the shopping cart to the car
-all the times when Jesse calls Blue 'ant.' 
-Gansey + Ronan showing up at court to help Adam w/ his trial 

9. Favorite book in The Raven Cycle?

Dream Thieves is my favorite. I remember being glued to that one in particular, + there's an abundance of Ronan.

10. Are you ready for The Raven King?

Ready to cry, that's for sure. 

Thank you SO much Adaline for letting me interview you! Now, meet Denise from The Bibliolater

1. How did you find out about The Raven Cycle?

I think I found out about the series through all the hype. It seems pretty much everyone loves the series, so after hearing about how much everyone loves them, I thought I'd pick up the first! I read The Raven Boys last May, and The Dream Thieves a few months ago.

Have you read any other books by Maggie Stiefvater? If yes, which ones?

No! I'd really like to though, because I love all her ideas.

3. Favorite main character? Why?

This is such a hard question, but I'd have to go with Blue. She's fierce and independent, yet flawed and caring. I love how she never lets anyone stand in her way, yet can be empathetic. She has some pretty rough things done to her, yet she doesn't let them get her down!

4. Favorite 300 Fox Way psychic? Why?

This is a hard one for me, because I've only read the first 2, so I don't know as much about all the characters. I'm actually struggling to think of all of them! Maybe... Calla? I think she's strong and feisty, and I like reading about her. 

5. Favorite setting or location? 

Cabeswater

6. Favorite quote(s)?

 "In that moment, Blue was a little in love with all of them.

Their magic. Their quest. Their awfulness and strangeness.
Her raven boys.” - The Dream Thieves


7. Favorite relationship? Why?

Because I haven't read Blue Lily, Lily Blue yet, no one has actually been in a relationship yet? We know Blue and Gansey like each other, but they're not together. Sorry I can't answer this question!
(no, I'M sorry denise!! yikes) 

8. Favorite scene(s)?

The scene in The Dream Thieves where Adam and Kavinsky are pulling things out of dreams. I just think it's so cool! :D

9. Favorite book in The Raven Cycle?

As I've said, I've only read the first two, but out of those, definitely The Dream Thieves!

10. Are you ready for The Raven King?

NO WAY! I haven't even read Blue Lily, Lily Blue yet (which I'm hoping to before TRK is out), but I know that I will never be ready. 

Thank you very much Denise and Adaline for letting me interview you! Now, it's YOUR turn! Who is your favorite character? Favorite quote? GO GO GO!
 photo Anna sigh off _zpsldolpi09.png
Share:

4 comments :

  1. Ok, I haven't actually read this series. AH I KNOW I NEED TO AHAHA!

    By the way, I nominated you for a writing challenge I made up - basically you have to write a story without planning or using the backspace bar. Hope you do it - I love your writing so I'd love to read what you create.

    Full details on my blog:
    whatlexieloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU NEED TO LEXIE. Awww, thank you so much!

      Delete
  2. Glad to see your interviews worked out:)

    I really enjoyed hearing everyone's favourite quotes. No matter my other feelings about these books, the dialogue is witty and a highlight of the series for me!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © annaish. Designed by OddThemes