COUNTDOWN TO THE RAVEN KING: DAY 3


Today is the day guys. I'm hosting a countdown to The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater (it's the fourth book in The Raven Cycle). AHHH I'M SO EXCITED! We have three (!!!) more days until the release and I've interviewed myself with some Raven Cycle questions...

1. How did you find out about The Raven Cycle?

I actually read The Raven Boys a long time ago and I actually DNF (did not finish) it. That was one of the worst decisions in my life. I picked up The Raven Boys again because it was the book of the month in some online book club. God bless that online book club. 

2. Have you read any other books by Maggie Stiefvater? If yes, which ones?

YES. I've read...

+ Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #1)
Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #2)
Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #3)
Sinner (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #4)
The Scorpio Races
+ The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle #1)
The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle #2)
Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle #3)
Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception (Books of Faerie #1)
Hunted (Spirit Animals #2)

3. Favorite main character? Why?

I know a lot of people are like "ronan is my little smoll angry child and he's my fav" (which is fine!!! i like ronan too) but I'm sitting here like "uhhh hi i like noah you know the ghost". Anyway, my favorite main character is Blue (i still love noah and the others tho!!! ugh why did i make up this question). I love Blue due to her sass and confidence. Her fashion sense is the best.

4. Favorite 300 Fox Way psychic? Why?

MmMmmM. I really like Persephone and Calla.  But I think Persephone wins. 
spoiler  I loved how quiet and mysterious she was. *gross sobbing*  spoiler 
(only read the spoiler if you've read all the books in the series, not counting Raven King.)

5. Favorite setting or location? 

300 Fox Way and/or Monmouth Manufacturing.

6. Favorite quote(s)?

*cracks knuckles*

“Blue,” he warned, but his voice was chaotic. This close, his throat was scented with mint and wool sweater and vinyl car seat, and Gansey, just Gansey. She said, “I just want to pretend. I want to pretend that I could.”
― Maggie Stiefvater, Blue Lily, Lily Blue

“Don't tell the others," Gansey said. "I'm dead," Noah replied, "not stupid.”
― Maggie Stiefvater, Blue Lily, Lily Blue

“She wasn't interested in telling other people's futures. She was interested in going out and finding her own.” ― Maggie Stiefvater, The Raven Boys

“Fate," Blue replied, glowering at her mother, "is a very weighty word to throw around before breakfast.”
― Maggie Stiefvater, The Raven Boys

“In that moment, Blue was a little in love with all of them. Their magic. Their quest. Their awfulness and strangeness. Her raven boys.” ― Maggie Stiefvater, The Dream Thieves

“It was mint and memories and the past and the future and she felt as if she’d done this before and already she longed to do it again.” ― Maggie Stiefvater, The Dream Thieves

“Dying's a boring side effect.” ― Maggie Stiefvater, The Dream Thieves

“What a strange constellation they all were.” ― Maggie Stiefvater, The Raven King

“I don't care to be pretty," Blue shot back hotly, "I care to look on the outside like I look on the inside.”
― Maggie Stiefvater, The Raven King

7. Favorite relationship? Why?

Bluesey (Blue + Gansey). I've never read a relationship like Blue and Gansey. I mean, she can't kiss him but she's going to?! Remember when Blue said:

Blue: I can't fall in love with Gansey soooo hmmm I'm going to fall love with that Adam Parrish.
Fate: Hmm no sorry honey
Blue: Goddammit

Gotta love Blue Sargent.

8. Favorite scene(s)?

I loved that part in Dream Thieves where Ronan got the little white plane to fly and in Raven Boys when Blue and the boys met and then there's that sce-

*hours later*

I'm done.

9. Favorite book in The Raven Cycle?

Blue Lily, Lily Blue.

10. Are you ready for The Raven King?



Stay tuned guys! More fun (or tears) coming tomorrow! Who's ready for The Raven King? Are you on the Pynch ship? Let's chat about it!


 photo Anna sigh off _zpsldolpi09.png
Share:

2 comments :

  1. This perfectly describes my terror and excitement as we wait for TRK to be released... AND ALL THOSE QUOTES ARE FABULOUS. Maggie Stiefvater is kind of my idol...I totally want to grow up to be her, not going to lie. BUT I AM SO UNPREPARED FOR THE RAVEN KING OH DEAR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES YES AND YES I AGREE WITH ALL OF THIS YES.

      Delete

Copyright © annaish. Designed by OddThemes