Top Ten Tuesday // Books that made me laugh


The Broke and the Bookish make Tuesday's fun for bookworms with their meme: Top Ten Tuesday. 

I've disappeared again, haven't I? Yikes. Well, I'm back and I plan on staying. Yay! Anywho, today is Tuesday and that means... Top Ten Tuesday. Hooray! Let's get into today's topic. 


// The Amazing Book is Not on Fire 
by Dan Howell & Phil Lester

Dan and Phil are already funny in their YouTube videos so (speaking logically) this book was super funny. A little weird but funny. And yes, of course, #phan.


// A Darker Shade of Magic 
by V.E. Schwab

I know, I talk about this book a lot and *awkward laugh* I'm not going to stop. These characters in ADSOM are downright hilarious and sassy! Anna approves. 

I apologize for anything I might have done. I was not myself." 
"I apologize for shooting you in the leg. I was myself entirely.” 


the sass is strong with this one.


// The Lost Hero 
by Rick Riordan

Ah yes. Rick Riordan is the BEST with humor. I mean, look:

"It'll be dangerous," Nyssa warned him. "Hardship, monsters, terrible suffering. Possibly none of you will come back alive." "Oh." Suddenly Leo didn't look so excited. Then he remembered everyone was watching. "I mean... Oh, cool! Suffering? I love suffering! Let's do this.” 

By the way, I love Leo. 


// Lumberjanes, Vol. 1: Beware the Kitten Holy
by Noelle Stevenson, Grace Ellis, Brooke A. Allen and Maarta Laiho

This isn't a YA book, it's a graphic novel but it's HILARIOUS OMG.


"Then there's a line about god or whatever" 

B y e


// The Raven Cycle 
by Maggie Stiefvater

WE ALL SAW THIS COMING. I highly recommended this series not just for the humor but for the friendship, ravens and dying kisses.


// The Lunar Chronicles
by Marissa Meyer

Yep. I'm also highly recommended this series not just for the humor but for (again) the friendship, sci-fi fairy tales retellings stuff and Thorne.

“Thorne scoffed. “Careful is my middle name. Right after Suave and Daring.” “Do you even know what you're saying half the time?” asked Cinder.”

Yep. He's like that all the time.

This is such a messy post. Sorry! Anyway, what are some books that made YOU laugh? Would you kiss your raven king? (see what i did there)
 photo Anna sigh off _zpsldolpi09.png
Share:

6 comments :

  1. I agree, Rick Riordan does humour like nobody else! I love the sassiness in his books during tense situations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rick Riordan does the best humour! I also love the humour in The Raven Cycle books.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/04/19/top-ten-tuesday-53/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read the Dan and Phil book actually. my sister owns it, I love autobiographies, and I've been getting into Dan's videos lately. haha.
    also, Rick Riordan books are awesome. good choice. his humor is flawless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TABINOF is a really unique book. I hope you enjoy it. Yes! Rick Riordan is the best with sass and humor.

      Delete

Copyright © annaish. Designed by OddThemes