Let's Recap November, December and 2016


Let's just say it together: 2016 sucked. To politics and an overwhelming amount of death - it truly wasn't a good year. But reading wise? I know I had a great year! 

*months

NOVEMBER


DECEMBER







Remember, give me a follow on social media! 

Bloglovin' | Goodreads | Instagram | Tumblr | Twitter | (new-ish socia media!) YouTube




SO MUCH STUFF HAPPENED THESE LAST COUPLE OF MONTHS AND I AHHHHEEEEKKK

+ Jenny Han has shared the release date for 'Always and Forever, Lara Jean'.

+ We have a cover and sneak peek for 'The Dark Prophecy'! (Rick Riordan)

+ We have more info on Patrick Ness' newest book, 'Release' and I'm excited!

+ Speaking of Patrick Ness, his trilogy 'Chaos Walking' is becoming a movie and already has their lead actor and actress.

+ So there's going to be a paperback edition of 'Carry On'?! (Rainbow Rowell) And the cover is absolutely gorgeous?! I don't know about you guys but I need this !!

+ Two BIG YA coloring books were released in December and they were the 'Selection' coloring book and the 'Lunar Chronicles' coloring book.

+ Epic Reads dropped the 'Carve the Mark' book trailer and, to be honest, I'm just confused after watching this.

+ Here's an excerpt for 'The Edge of Everything' and some tour dates!

+ Victoria Aveyard is going to be the star of the "All Hail the Queens" Tour .. featuring some very cool authors.

+ Fierce Reads dropped their summer 2017 tour.

+ Adam Silvera is touring for his newest book, 'History is all you left me'! Here are the dates.

+ V.E Schwab is going on tour for 'A Conjuring of Light'! I'm still a little upset that she's not coming to my area.

+ 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' (play) may be coming to America. - specifically Broadway?!

+ Nicola Yoon's 'Everything, Everything' (MOVIE) will be in theaters May 19th. Can't wait!

‘Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda’ has its Simon (!!!) but, sadly, I'm still unsure about this casting.

+ Netflix is making 'Coin Heist' into their own movie original. They just shared the trailer here.

+ Jandy Nelson is adapting her own book, 'The Sky is Everywhere'!

+ And Nicola Yoon's newest book, 'The Sun is Also a Star', is becoming a movie.


2016 was a big "first" for me. I changed my lifestyle blog into a book blog. I joined the YA book community across all platforms. I read a lot more this year. I met friends who accept me for who I am and have the same interests as me. But, on the downside - I didn't write up little, silly updates anymore on my blog. Which, on some days, is easier than writing a book review. The biggest thing on my plate right now is YA books and I haven't had time to do my other hobbies like personal photography or art. I didn't do much schoolwork this year because a) I was reading or b) at my local library. I lost friends because they didn't accept me for who I am and don't have the same interests as me. So, all together, 2016 was a rollercoaster of things with a few more negative bumps than any other year.

I don't have any big goals right now but I feel like I should. Like, I need to focus more on my education or else I'm not going to get anywhere in life. But, at the same time, I want to read more, blog more and I want to volunteer more so I have more hands-on experience with these things. Maybe my hobbies will be my career one day. I guess I'm just having a battle with time, the need/want situation and my future. I know, I'm probably overthinking this but still I'm just concerned .. you know?

THE MOST POPULAR POSTS OF 2016:

review: First & Then by Emma Mills

The Text Tag

and R.I.P IT or SHIP IT Tag (Round 2!)

MY PERSONAL FAVORITES:

My 'Maybe' TBR

review: Girl Against the Universe by Paula Stokes

Hamilton Book Tag

PAGES VIEWS:

2015: 10,385
2016: 5,600+

FOLLOWING:

GFC: 59
BLOGLOVIN': 82
EMAIL: 15
BLOGLOVIN' (PERSONAL): 85
GOODREADS (FRIENDS): 147
INSTAGRAM: 580+
TWITTER: 40+
TUMBLR: 40+



So I already talked a little about my reading year over at Ellie's blog but I do wanna list my faves and least faves books here. I'm not going to get really detailed with why I loved this book or why I didn't like that book because I've probably mentioned a couple of these books before and my opinions on them. I just want to save some time to be honest. Also, please remember that these are my opinions. So don't go after me if I hate your favorite book or if I loved that book you hate. If you agree with my opinion(s) - great! If you don't that is still great! I love hearing different opinions on books and I try to be very open-minded with other opinions and discussions.

THE BEST OF BEST

The Raven King (Maggie Stiefvater)

Crooked Kingdom (Leigh Bardugo)

A Darker Shade of Magic (V.E Schwab)

Girl Against the Universe (Paula Stokes)

and Gemina (Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff)

THE WORST OF WORST

A Court of Mist and Fury (Sarah J. Maas)

The Crown (Kiera Cass)

Phantom Limbs (Paula Garner)

My original reading goal this year was to read 75 books. I surpassed that goal so I changed it to 100 books. Guess what? I surpassed my goal again so I changed it to 125 books. And, only just a couple of hours ago, I completed my reading goal for 2016! I did feel rushed at the last minute because I got stuck in a reading slump but I did it. I'm pretty confident that my reading goal in 2017 will be 80 books .. although I'll probably surpass that again.

Happy New Year everybody! Wishing you all a good 2017. Now, here are all the books I read in 2016:
Share:

8 comments :

  1. It looks like you've read a lot of great books!! Nick Robinson casted as Simon??...I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that...
    I love A Darker Shade of Magic and Crooked Kingdom, I'm glad you put them in you're favorites!
    Also, I'm curious as to why you didn't like ACOMAF. I've seen a lot of positive reviews for ACOMAF (and I really liked it) but I haven't seen any negative ones, so it would be really interesting to know why you didn't enjoy reading it.
    Have a great 2017! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Me too. Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed ADSOM and Crooked Kingdom too! Well, to be honest, I really dislike Rhys and his actions which just created more problems for me. But I am curious to see how ACOWAR will end.

      Thank you - you too Jollygirl!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year Anna!! Looks like you read a lot of amazing books this year and I definitely agree that The Raven Cycle was a highlight. I really can't wait to read those little short stories as well!! This year was rough for most but I hope you have a good 2017 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Emily! Definitely. You too!

      Delete
  3. THAT CARRY ON COVER IS AWESOME. I absolutely love how they drew Simon! :)

    Ahhh, thank you for linking! <3 The Raven King ended up making my best of the best list as well :)

    Congratulations on all those books you read, and happy 2017!

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW RIGHT?! No problem. Yay! I loved The Raven King too and I can't for the Ronan trilogy. Thank you, Ellie - you too!

      Delete
  4. CURSED CHILD IS COMING TO AMERICA???????????

    I'm so excited!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well .. it's just a possibility but still! Me too!

      Delete

Copyright © annaish. Designed by OddThemes