Anna Updates | Issue 3


Hello! I'm alive everybody! I went on a blogging hiatus for two weeks (?) or so because I was feeling quite uninspired. But my writing gears are spinning and I have this itch to blog again. So, a lot of interesting things happened to me while I was gone. Shocking I know! I'm usually living a quiet lifestyle. Anyway, let's get to the point; it's time for another Anna update. 

ANNA UPDATE ONE | MY FIRST OWLCRATE

me | if you're unsure what a "owlcrate" is, click here for more!

Uhh so I got a OwlCrate for a early birthday gift?! (shoutout to my awesome aunt) I've always wanted a OwlCrate so much! So, yes, I did scream when I saw my aunt's email. I got the February box which, the theme was, 'Run Away with the Circus' and I really liked the box! The featured book was Caraval .. which I already read BEFORE the box and I dislike it (haha) but the goodies were so cool. 10/10 would recommend a OwlCrate box.

ANNA UPDATE TWO | I DIVE BACK INTO THE TV WORLD

when ppl ask me what's my current read but i'm not reading anything BECAUSE of tv

Fun fact about me: I don't really watch TV. Until now, where I discover that I can watch Netflix on my laptop. *face palm* So, I've been watching: Parks and Recreations (season 2), Miraculous Ladybug (season 1), The Flash (season 2) and A Series of Unfortunate Events (season 1). And, not on Neflix but I have to mention, Ouran High School Host Club (season 1). They're all really great shows (so far)!

ANNA UPDATE THREE | MY HAIR (AGAIN)

enjoy this terrible car selfie

So, I cut my hair on Valentine's day. Yep. My blue/teal/green hair is gone. The reason I cut my hair was because I wasn't liking my hair color anymore. It was turning into an ill green. And I wanted a change, even though I really liked my hair long. But I did it (well my hairstylist did) and for the first few days, I hated it. It has choppy layers, which will grow out weird, and I look like a little kid. Or some anime character. The only positive side to my new haircut was that my old hair color was gone. *sigh* But, to enjoy my new haircut a little more, I decided to dye my hair again. I did the blue again but instead it came out as indigo. But I'm actually digging the indigo. Aahh I have so much hair drama haha

ANNA UPDATE FOUR | ANNAISH UPDATE

I FINALLY GET TO USE THIS GIF YAY

You know this now but I went on a blogging hiatus and I'm back! I now have many cool posts coming to Annaish. Reviews, author signing recaps, discussions .. I hope you enjoy them. I'm also still on a hiatus for Instagram because I'm actually unhappy with my photography right now. :,) I'm just really stuck with it right now. But I hope to return to Instagram soon, it's my favorite social media. Although, in the meantime, check out my Twitter, Goodreads and Tumblr. (gotta get that self promo haha)

ANNA UPDATE FIVE | I MIGHT BE ON A PANEL

ezra miller tho i'm laughing but it's #relatable

I should restrain myself from telling everybody because it may not happen BUT I MIGHT BE on a YA panel. *cues me SCREAMING* The director of my local library approached to me about joining a panel at the ALA Annual Conference. The conference(s) are focused on libraries (!!!) but publishers and authors come along too. I would be on the Best Fiction for Young Adults Panel, hosted by YALSA Local Arrangements committee. I literally started hyperventilating over the idea of me talking on a panel. With other teens. In front of librarians and publishers. Me. Talking. With. People. AHHHH - the whole idea of it gives me chills yet I squeal with joy! On a more personal note here, but one of my goals in the YA community is, well, for me to contribute opinions and ideas. I'm definitely more of a listener but I want to use my voice, it's just using it and how to projected it. I want more teens to read and I want more diverse titles to be shown but I need to tell people that! And share why, talk about it etc etc .. so, it's going to take me some time to brainstorm and gather some courage but I'm still so thrilled. 

Hey readers! How are you? Did anything exciting happen to you while I was gone? Are you watching any good TV shows? Let's chat about it!

 photo Anna sigh off _zpsldolpi09.png
Share:

13 comments :

  1. yay welcome back anna! owlcrate sounds amazing, i've been wanting one but i live in the middle of nowhere so the shipping price.... *shakes head* anywayss, i'm so excited for you! congratulations! it's amazing (and scary) to be talking in a panel, but it's such an amazing achievement!

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tasya! Oohh that sucks. Thank you so much!! :,) I have many feelings about the panel.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the panel!!! That's so exciting and I wish I had the courage to do something like that lol! I kinda want to subscribe to a book box, but I'm also kinda broke so... where are my priorities haha! As for tv shows, I'm currently watching Riverdale, the drama inspired by The Archie Comics and it is WILD! It's just really weird to see the characters act in a completely different way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emily! I hope I have the courage haha oh boy. So relatable haha! I've heard of Riverdale but it doesn't seem like my thing. I hope you're enjoying tho

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the panel! That sounds so fun!
    I would love to subscribe to a book box, but they cost a lot of money :-(
    I don't watch a lot of TV, but with all the great shows out there, I feel like I should start watching more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jollygirl! Me tooooo - I was so lucky to get one from my aunt. You should! I suggest A Series of Unfortunate Events, it's so good!

      Delete
  4. Ayyy ASOUE all day! Did you read the books too? Let me know how you like the Netflix series so far; it's not exactly what I was expecting and I love NPH but not sure he's the best Count Olaf so far...glad to see you're back! I need to post an "I'm alive" thing on my blog but I'm busyy and lazyy xD

    Nice post! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Me and brother are going to start the third book soon. :D I'm really enjoying the TV show. It has the perfect ASOUE vibes. I'm really impressed. Thanks! Haha, I hope you do soon, your followers miss you!

      Delete
  5. SO happy you are back, Anna! <3 We missed you. And you are definitely rockin' that indigo hair. ;)

    MIRACULOUS LADYBUG (and Cat Noir)! <3333

    xx Mackenzie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH OH! And CONGRATS on the panel thing! If anyone should be talking about YA books in front if a room full of people, it's you. ;)

      Delete
    2. Awww thank you SO much, Mackenzie! YESSS I LOVE MIRACULOUS LADYBUG SO MUCH <3

      Delete
  6. I'm so glad you're back! I can't believe you didn't tell me earlier about all these exciting things! Your hair looks fucking amazing (perks of being home schooled that you can dye your hair), and your panel sounds amazing. Will you be recording it so I can watch it maybe? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Denise! Ahhh I know but now you know everything. ;) Gah thank you. To be honest, I'm still iffy about it. Haha definitely!! If I get picked, of course! :')

      Delete

Copyright © annaish. Designed by OddThemes