My Summer Vacation (Recap)


Hello bookaholics! I am back from my summer vacation. My vacation was me, spending a week in the south, and hanging out with my oldest friend. And ya'll, we did just that! From painting our nails to hiking on huge rocks - we were busy, but we enjoyed ourselves. I'm now here to recap (I'm sure I'll forget one activity we did haha) and share my (poor) photos. Enjoy!

so. much. corn.


I woke up so early on Sunday; I was basically dead on the inside haha. Anyway, both families met half-way at a rest stop. The car ride was uneventful and hot; it took hours to reach my friend's house. But we made it! We didn't do much this day (or Saturday, I took zero photos) so we talked and hung around her place.


i'm 99% sure that's a pegasus

On Monday, we spend the afternoon at 'Castle Park' and watched movies (A Dog's Purpose, Guardians of the Galaxy, Lego Batman etc etc) in the evening. I took many photos in the park! We had fun running around the castle and looking for secret doors.

a very huge, dirty dragon

real swords!!

there was a big bell in this tower and i was the only "kid" that could ring it ,, #onlytallteenscan

i immediately got Game of Thrones vibes from this throne haha

a evil sorcerer?? trying to escape?? that's what we guessed

the dddungeon *ominous music*

a smol dragon :,)

an armed troll


Then, early on the 4th of July, we set out to the pool. It was a really nice community pool! They had a "lazy river" (basically: a loop of slow moving water) and we hung out in that, with pool inflatables. I have no pictures of the pool but that same evening, we went out to see fireworks! And I was able to snap a few pictures there.


our festive 4th (matching) nails!

they had food vendors, inflatables, live music there too

oh and helicopter rides apparently

live music ! so busy tho

FIREWORKS ARE SO HARD TO PHOTOGRAPH PART 1

FIREWORKS ARE SO HARD TO PHOTOGRAPH PART 2


So Wednesday, Thursday and Friday flew by fast. But I remember on Thursday (or Friday?), we went out to hike ... on huge rocks. Now, my family and I go to forest preserves and hike on dirt trails but I had never done rocks before. I remember being slightly nervous because a) my friend's mom told me that people had died by falling off b) TICKS and c) we had zero water with us. uMH?! Don't worry reader, we all made it and I'm so glad we went because the view was beautiful!


first set of rocks we saw :D

the trees speak latin!1!!!1  

smol salamander

can you spot ma friend

🎶 I know 🎶 Where you stand 🎶 Silent 🎶 In the trees 🎶 And that's 🎶 Where I am 🎶 Silent 🎶 In the trees 🎶

a beauty blue sky

THIS IS WHERE THINGS GOT FUN

i bet 5$ that my friend is half mountain goat

 t r e e s

oh hey!! it's my friend and i!!

rocks, rocks and more huge rocks (that we walked on) part 1

🎶 Why won't you speak? 🎶 Where I happen to be 🎶 Silent 🎶 In the trees 🎶 Standing cowardly 🎶

remember "THIS IS WHERE THINGS GOT FUN"? yeah, i was on that. (proof!! don't @ me)

rocks, rocks and more huge rocks (that we walked on) part 2

mossy rocks + leafy trees

down ma friend goes

some h2o with more mossy rocks! very green & pretty

close up on a rock *heart eyes*


Lastly, on Saturday, we went to my friend's grandparents. We played games, had a bonfire, water fight and fed some horses. I spent Sunday in the car, heading home. All-in-all, my trip was great! I'm really glad I left my comfort zone and spent time with my friend. Hopefully, I'll get her to travel up here soon. 


Other things that happened: I got my friend obsessed with Doctor Who. I sang along with the radio (it was twenty one pilots 'House of Gold') at the pool and a lifeguard sang with me. My friend also took three Sorting Hat quizzes and got three different answers. I tried Domino's pizza and it's basically a Little Caesars ripoff. 
Your turn! Are you on summer vacation? What's your Hogwarts House? Pineapple pizza: yes or no? Tell me in the comments!


 photo Anna sigh off _zpsldolpi09.png
Share:

12 comments :

  1. Looks beautiful! I'm glad you had a great time :D My family loves Dominos but my sister and I hate it! It always makes us feel sick just eating it. Also, on the pineapple on pizza debate, I'm gonna have to go with a firm no. My Italian grandmother would shiver at the thought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too haha! Yeah, I agree. Dominos is a big nope for me. Ahhh I have to disagree - I love pineapple pizza. :,)

      Delete
  2. It seems like you had a lot of fun! Great photographs!
    (p.s. I died at all of those TOP references.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! Thank you. :D

      (hehe i love trees <3)

      Delete
  3. That all sounds really fun! The rocks look so cool!

    Nabila | Hot Town Cool Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. those settings look beautiful, but i'd never be able to do rock hiking! i'm okay about appreciating the pictures from afar, because i'd be too scary to ever do it, haha. currently, it's winter in my country, but thankfully i do have winter break for about a month. because this time of the year is typically gloomy, i stay indoors all day, but i'm okay about it, hahah. also, no pineapple on pizza, please!
    (and the TREES. SPEAK. LATIN!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's too bad, but I get it. My mom would never do rock hiking; she's afraid of heights. :,) That's cool! Gotta disagree - I love pineapple pizza.

      (THEY DO ASDFGHJKL)

      Delete
  5. YASS CLIMBING. YASS SWIMMING. YASS FIREWORKS. YASS TWENTY ONE PILOTS. YASSSSSSSS PINEAPPLE PIZZA (best thing ever created).

    I'm glad you had a great time, Anna! <3

    xx Mackenzie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, Anna, your vacation looks so fun! I am heading off to Massachusetts soon and I am so excited. But I would gladly have your vacation instead! That park looks so cool and I love hiking. As for pineapple pizza, I am not a fan but my boyfriend loves it. And yay for getting someone into Doctor Who!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! Massachusetts sounds fun tho. :D Thank you!!

      Delete

Copyright © annaish. Designed by OddThemes