Anna Updates | Issue 6


It's long overdue, but here's another Anna Update! My excuse? School has kept me very busy (more on that) along with my volunteering. Nevertheless, I'm here now (one tired teen here ready for action) and ready to ramble.

ANNA UPDATE ONE | AMAZON

probably my favorite episode

I recently started an Amazon account! My goal was to post my book reviews on there, and well, uhm, I'm pretty obsessed. I love the "interesting finds" category (so visual!!), and the wishlist feature. Now, I haven't been buying my "dream" items, but I'm definitely sharing my wishlist during the holiday season. Am I the only one just scrolling around on Amazon?

ANNA UPDATE TWO | BUZZFEED UNSOLVED

I LOVE SHANE

So, I'm in love with Buzzfeed Unsolved?? Y EAH. I found this reality-like, supernatural webseries from social media (so. much. hype), but I didn't start it immediately. I knew Buzzfeed's content was getting repetitive, so I stayed away for a bit ... UNTIL I JUST GAVE IN (#noselfcontrol). And I'm actually so glad I did. The show is very interesting, well-done, and funny! Two guys host the show, Ryan and Shane, and I LOVE THEM. Ryan 100% believes in ghosts/spirits. He does all this research on ghost sightings (so cool!!). Shane doesn't believe in ghosts/spirits. So, he can get pretty reckless during their explorations. The two of them are so entertaining, and I highly recommend the series! (note: i don't find this webseries *that* scary, but i would suggest 13+ and older for disturbing images/scenes/information. also !! lots of swearing)

ANNA UPDATE THREE | CHRISTMAS?!

me after halloween

Halloween is over *silent tear*. And yes- I'm that kind of person who's anti-Christmas until December 1st. No holiday songs, gifts, decorations, movies, etc. Yet, this year, I'm finding myself already planning gifts and activities? WHAT'S GOING ON. I think because I really want to find my family & friends great gifts (at great prices too please!!) this year. I'm usually uncritical with my present shopping. Again I'm that kind of person who'll said "aLl yOu NeeD iS My lOve!1!" during the holidays. Everyone (especially this year) has been so incredibly patient and understanding with me in these last months. So, I would love to share my appreciation through a gift. 

ANNA UPDATE FOUR | MEET SOPHIE

she looks cute, but trust me, she's a troublemaker

Oh yeah ... we also got a puppy! This is Sophie; my mom's new dog. We (sadly) had to put down Hope (my mom's old dog) due to certain events. But, a few months later, my mom came across this foster shelter and fell in love with Sophie. Sophie is a female pup, around 5 months and is (we think) a border collie/flat coated retriever mix! She loves to cuddle and play, but also nip on everyone/thing. She's really good with people and road trips, but has snuck outside (ALONE) too many times. I think I posted a picture of her on social media, yet never posted an "official announcement". Well here is it!

ANNA UPDATE FIVE | COLLEGE CLASSES

oops me

I'm currently going part-time at my local high school; and I'm dropping out the third semester. To recap: during these last months ... I have been very tired, anxious, and physically/mentally drained because of public school. I haven't had time to do the things I love, and want to expand in. And honestly? I forgot how MUCH public school is. The drama, extra activities, homework, tests etc. I'm only enjoying two classes out of four. Nobody really knows me either. I mean, a classmate in my English I class didn't even know there was an "Anna" in English I. So, I have my reasons and I'm dropping out. I'm taking a different path! Our local college offers specific classes where you can earn college/high school credits. There are a LOT of steps getting there since I'm a minor (forms, working with counselors, a placement test etc.), but I'm excited to try. Wish me luck!!


Happy Friday bookaholics! Any Buzzfeed Unsolved fans here? Or Amazon? Who's ready for the holidays? Tell me down below!

Share:

8 comments :

  1. AHH WELCOME TO THE UNSOLVED CLUB! I'm addicted to it, I think it's the best part of my weekend :D Have you tried the try guys? I'm that person who gets so hyped up for christmas in November and then just already so done with it by the time December rolls around xD

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am truly obsessed. Mine too! No, I haven't. Do they work with Buzzfeed? Oh my gosh haha.

      Delete
  2. Good luck on your school journey! I’m sure you’ll do great. I love Unsolved but prefer Buzzfeed’s series called Worth It. It is so good and features a lot of yummy food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Sounds interesting... I'll check it out. :D

      Delete
  3. Ooh, I LOVE Buzzfeed Unsolved, though I like the real crime part more than the supernatural, but ah, both are so enjoyable. Ryan and Shane are SO ENTERTAINING. It's kinda like, even if something is going into scary-ish directions, their banter will broke that atmosphere. Yes for being anti-Christmas until December. My birthday is on the 21st of November so AT THE LEAST people should wait until after that to get into the Christmas spirit haha. Omg, Sophie is SO ADORABLE! Good luck in getting into those classes! :)

    Veronika @ The Regal Critiques

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool! Oh definitely- Ryan and Shane are the best part of the show. Aww haha, well happy early birthday! Thank you so much, Veronika. :D

      Delete
  4. Where do I start? First of all, Buzzfeed unsolved is my FAVORITE. I love the juxtaposition of Ryan being so spooked and Shane just chilling, it’s so hilarious. Plus, I love ghost stuff and this is the best/funniest version I’ve found. And SOPHIE IS SO CUTE. I love dogs, and I’m sorry your mom’s doggy had to be put down, but also congratulations on your new pup. And about high school, I cannot relate more. I am so stressed and down all the time due to the pressures of public school, and while finding out I got into my top choice college is a huge relief, there’s no stress quite like public high school. Our education system sucks and honestly, I don’t want to know how many times I’ve cried over school and I never have time to do ANYTHING I actually enjoy. So I’m proud of you for taking college courses instead, and I hope it works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT'S THE BEST! I can't wait for more episodes. Isn't she?! We love her very much. <3 It's kinda a comfort knowing that someone-else is struggling like me. I mean, we shouldn't be stressed or crying over school in the first place but... that's our education system. :(( Thank you so much, Erin!

      Delete

Copyright © annaish. Designed by OddThemes