Stranger Things Book Tag


Stranger Things 2 was recently released on Netflix, and I watched the whole season under 3 days. My (spoiler-free) thoughts? It was okay. I found this season darker, repetitive, and it contained more gore. But, the old (and new!) characters were amazing this season! Anyway, with the new season, it feels appropriate to do this Stranger Things Book Tag. 

NOTE: This is a spoiler-free post! Let's also keep the comments spoiler-free please. → This tag was created by Sarah Sunbeemz. → I made the questions using this website


The opening sequence of Stranger Things is amazing and really grabs your attention. 
Name a book that grabbed your attention from the first page.

The first book that comes to mind is The Upside of Unrequited! I mean, the first sentence had my attention. Wouldn't "I'm on the toilet at the 9:30, and I'm wondering how mermaids pee" catch your eye too?


Name a fantasy world you would like to experience yourself.

The London(s) in the A Darker Shade of Magic trilogy. I would also love to be an Antari! To have the ability of magic right at your fingertips would be mind-blowing. 


When Eleven met Mike, Dustin and Lucas it was a *mostly* perfect team. 
Name your favourite bookish group of friends.

Definitely the Lockwood & Co. group! Each one of them possess a vibrant personality, so the group together is magnificent. The characters are pretty much my favorite thing about the series.



Joyce Byers goes mad with grief after Will goes missing. 
Name your favourite mentally unhinged character.

Jules from Genuine Fraud kinda fits this description (favorite is a stretch though). In the book, you watch her become mentally unhinged. Which gave me serious chills (it was a thriller).


Name a book that was the opposite of what you expected.

I have the perfect book: Why We Broke Up. I was expecting a poetic, romantic story. Instead I got a stereotypical, quirky "love" story.


Dr. Brenner likes to get freaky with humanity. 
Name the freakiest dystopian government you can think of.

I wouldn't consider the whole book dystopian, but there is a freaky dystopian government aspect in More Happy Than Not. It's called the 'Leteo Institute's memory-relief procedure' and it honestly speaks for itself. I found the procedure very crazy. 


Name a scary bookish creature that you would not want to come through your walls.

The monsters from This Savage Song for sure. I actually struggled reading the second book (at night) because it was much darker and scarier than TSS. The least I can say is that... the monsters were very monstrous (stop me pls).


Name a book that left you wanting more.

Before I Fall! The ending was open, short and left me wanting much more. There is no sequel, so I must suffer with my questions alone.

I  T A G:


Any Stranger Things fans out here! Just let me know if you do it (link your post down below). Have fun!


Hello bookaholics! Are any of you Stranger Things fans? Who's ready for season 3? (i am haha) Have a great morning/afternoon/night. <3
Share:

10 comments :

  1. I haven't got the chance to watch the second season, but I love the first one! I'd love to experience the four londons too!

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy the second season, Tasya!

      Delete
  2. Ooh, this looks so fun! I might have to do it :) I just started S2, and I'm about to leave for a watch party with some of my friends! I'll inform you of my thoughts after I've finished it.

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun with it, Ellie! Ooo that sounds cool. Sure thing!

      Delete
  3. AHHHH YES, STRANGER THINGS!!! I have not seen the second season yet but I'm hoping to start it ASAP. I enjoyed reading your answers! I'll have to try and do this tag as well. :)

    xx Kenzie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ISN'T IT SO GOOD?! I hope you enjoy the second season, Mackenzie! Have fun then. :D

      Delete
  4. Um, excuse me as I pop in here because book and Stranger Things! I love this tag-- I still need to read Before I Fall (which sadly got spoiled for me when the movie came out) but it's still an interesting premise.

    xoxo Abigail Lennah | ups & downs

    P.S. Petition for a short story book for Stranger Things similar to The Lunar Chronicle's Stars Above because I need stories about Mileven chatting emotional things over walkie talkies while everyone else is spying on them and they start laughing over the channel which gets both Mike and Eleven really embarrassed and annoyed PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha hello Abigail! Aww that's too bad. I would still try it?

      P.S. I'LL SIGN THIS PETITION

      Delete
  5. STRANGER THINGS!!!! I also binge watched the season (who didn’t), and I agree that it was a bit repetitive but I love how dark and eerie it is, as well as all the characters. Max and Bob were awesome. And if I could live in Red London, I would jump at the chance, I mean, magic, adventures, Kell??? Awesome tag, Anna!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!! The characters were my favorite thing in Stranger Things 2, unlike the atmosphere. :,) I know right?! Thanks Erin!

      Delete

Copyright © annaish. Designed by OddThemes