review: After the Red Rain


"Do yourself a favor, don't read this book."
- Anna, the person who wrote this review

One word: Boring

Happy 2016! I found a book I don't like and here's the rant review. :) With this book,  I feel like I didn't read anything, to be honest. A girl named Deedra meets a boy named Rose and together they find out why the earth is crap and how they can fix it. Sounds like a pretty good book but nothing happened.


Deedra saves Rose's live by pulling him out of the polluted river. She finds out Rose isn't like her. He doesn't live in the Territories, (the world is divided by these Territories). He's doesn't look human but since Deedra thinks he's pretty hot we should trust him.  Anyway, this so called Red Rain wiped out half of the world's population and everyone is trying to survive. Deedra works in a factory building "stuff" to get food and survive. Everyone is scared from this Red Rain and oxygen is running low so what's the point of going outside? Deedra does! She saves Rose from the river and starts asking him all these questions while Rose answered none of these questions. Oh but we trust this ... creature named Rose because he's hot? DEEDRA, WHAT THE HECK? Have you heard of these people called STRANGERS???


OOoOOooOH. I'm not done yet guys. We finally learn bits of pieces of Rose but Rose... does something very bad.  Because of this bad deed, Deedra doesn't trust Rose but does later him again. *sighs* With this trust, Rose tells Deedra about the life before the Red Rain that hope is still out there. After most of the book, Deedra STILL doesn't know to trust Rose or not. BLah blah blah blAh blah blah BLAH blah blah blaH then the end. This book was slow and pretty annoying. I did like the characters Rose and Deedra sometimes yet I liked the Red Rain idea. *sighs* I have complex feelings about this book.

 My final thoughts are...

The book is slow, the characters were somewhat annoying, and I lost interest in the story around the middle of the book. I think the point of After the Red Rain was to believe and have hope butttttt it didn't really show that "hope" too much.  :(

Hey there! Thank you for reading my review! 
After the Red Rain was published August 4th 2015


On the ruined planet Earth, where 50 billion people are confined to megacities and resources are scarce, Deedra has been handed a bleak and mundane existence by the Magistrate she works so hard for. But one day she comes across a beautiful boy named Rose struggling to cross the river--a boy with a secretive past and special abilities, who is somehow able to find comfort and life from their dying planet. But just as the two form a bond, it is quickly torn apart after the Magistrate's son is murdered and Rose becomes the prime suspect. Little do Deedra and Rose know how much their relationship will affect the fate of everyone who lives on the planet.


Share:

4 comments :

  1. Wow, this book doesn't sound very interesting!
    Also, I saw that you're looking for hunger games fans to interview. I was wondering what kind of questions you'd be asking, and how many.
    Have a good day!
    -Jollygirl @ http://reflectionsofajollygirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did but things just didn't work out of me with this book. With The Hunger Games interview, my questions are the basic questions about THG. There's no personal questions, hard questions (in my opinion) or trivia questions. There's only five questions to answer. If you're still interested Jollygirl, email me at browneyedbibliophile@yahoo.com

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry you didn't like this book, but your rant was so funny to read XD I hate that whole angsty crap in books >.< But, I have a question...is the Red Rain actually RED?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin! I totally agree. Oh. There wasn't even Red Rain. :/

      Delete

Copyright © annaish. Designed by OddThemes